Here you can check out a presentation on how LEGO proceeds with their open innovation efforts. The presentation was given by Stiven Kerestegian, Senior Manager, Open Innovation at LEGO during a conference I recently co-organized in Denmark.
Open Innovation at LEGO - (click for the presentation)
• LEGO divides innovation objectives into categories and levels such as Business, Product, Communication and Process
• LEGO pursues open innovation because participation is the new brand
• LEGO has 20 million+ adult fans
• A reputation of open also brings high expectations
• LEGO works with 4 value pools; employees, entrepreneurs, kids and AFOL’s and companies and institutions
• Open innovation adoption strategy based on broad communication (humor), knocking door to door (private groups), role models (from CEO to blue collar), gift and prices (cake) and HR (KPI’s and employee reviews)